Want to help Support Through Court?
If you're dynamic, pro-active, experienced and a well-connected senior leaders within the legal and business community, help us by sharing their networks and advice. Join our Business Board and help us raise funds and awareness of Support Through Court.
Business Board Members will raise funds by
- Engaging corporate support for fundraising products (such as our Partnership schemes) through your company or personal network
- Gift in kind support – offer rooms for meetings and events, or offer marketing expertise
- Introducing speakers, help shape high level events, promote and sell tickets for events
- Promoting Support Through Court to personal and professional networks, to engage supporters and sponsors
- Make a personal contribution of at least £50 per month, which over a year equates to supporting 24 people through our service.
The Business Board’s members are senior level individuals with a drive to increase access to justice.
Current members are:
- Catherine Bamford, Founder of BamLegal
- Tim Nash, CEO of Edwin Coe
- Helen Alexander, Direct Public Access Barrister, Chambers of Helen Alexander- Family Court Barrister
- Wilf White, Director of Engagement and Public Engagement at the Bar Standards Board
- Nick Luckman, Practice Director at Wilberforce Chambers
Opportunities and benefits from joining the Business Board
- Make a positive impact on your community, empower people alone in court
- Acquire further skills in fundraising, leadership and volunteering; all desirable for future trustee positions
- Be part of a successful volunteer fundraising board and help take their fundraising to the next level
- Highlight your philanthropy within a business environment
- Become part of the Support Through Court family, receive regular updates, visit your local service office and come to our networking events
Past Business Board Breakfast Events:
- 2018 The Future of the Family Division with the President, Sir Andrew McFarlane and the former President, Sir James Munby. The event was held in partnership with Schneider Financial Solutions, The Law Society and Family Law in Partnership.
- 2019: ‘Access to Justice- how legal tech can help’. Lord Briggs and a panel from across the legal tech sector spoke about how legal tech could produce solutions for access to justice problems. The Law Society hosted the event.
- 2019: The rise in mental health issues in the family courts and how can we help? A panel event hosted by the law society with Sir Andrew Macfarlane as the keynote speaker.
- 2020: Digitisation of the Courts: opportunities and challenges to empower Litigants in Person; hosted by Allen & Overy, with District Judge Chris Lethem as keynote speaker
To find out more about the Business Board please email Carmen O'Loughlin at firstname.lastname@example.org