Every year, thousands of people in the UK face court alone - we exist to reduce the disadvantage of people facing the civil or family justice system without a lawyer. Going through court can be incredibly complex and bewildering. We provide practical and emotional support to people facing court alone, empowering people who feel that they have nowhere else to turn, helping them to feel prepared and supported in accessing justice.
'Becoming a Guardian makes an immediate and tangible difference to Support Through Court’s work, enabling it to bring a small voice of calm to people in their hour of need. The financial contribution is, in absolute terms, very modest; its impact can be profound. Please become a Guardian.'
The Rt Hon Lord Justice Stuart-Smith
Join our Guardians Network
The Guardians Network is a private network of like-minded philanthropic individuals and organisations who are passionate about helping the most vulnerable people in our society to get fair access to justice. Together they are making a real and lasting difference to thousands of vulnerable litigants in person across the UK. Guardians commit to donate at one of four levels for three years.
- The opportunity to make an impact on your local community by joining a private group of people committed to improving the experiences of litigants in person navigating the complex legal system
- Invitations to meet other Guardians, thought leaders and service staff and volunteers at exclusive Guardians and charity events
- Recognition in our publications as a way of acknowledging your generous help
- Regular updates on major developments and a printed copy of our Annual Report
- Exclusive pro-bono and volunteering opportunities for members of your organisation
- Specialist knowledge: we can host talks and debates on the issues facing litigants in person
'Support Through Court continues to play a pivotal role in enabling access to justice for litigants in person, who have to navigate their way through what can sometimes be a complex legal system. A recent newcomer, I can confirm that the commitment is both rewarding and inspiring, and would encourage anyone who can to join and help Support through Court make a positive difference to the quality of our legal system.'
The Rt Hon Lady Chief Justice Carr DBE
For more information about signing up to the Guardians Network as an individual contact Jacob Crossley at J.Crossley@Supportthroughcourt.org
Current members of the Guardians Network.