We’re a social justice charity based at the heart of the courts. Day in, day out, we’re there for people who can’t get legal support or advice. With cuts to legal aid and the rising cost of living, more and more people are left without the assistance they desperately need.
But we cannot do this alone. We have an amazing team of volunteers providing practical and emotional support to those who need it most.
QWE opportunities we offer
If you're looking at the SQE route to becoming a lawyer, you’ll know you’ll need to complete two years' full-time (or equivalent) qualifying work experience (QWE). QWE provides real-life legal work and the opportunity to develop some or all of the competences needed to be a solicitor. We can help.
We offer practical experience in a supported environment, including:
- A clear understanding of the challenges facing litigants in person
- First-hand experience of the court process to complement legal studies
- Practical skills in completing court applications and witness statements
- Experience in explaining court procedure to clients
- The opportunity to attend remote hearings to provide moral support and note taking (for de-briefing purposes)
- Client interviewing skills
- Soft skills in communication, active listening, problem solving, evaluating, dissecting information, and using initiative
We will support you, so you grow your skills and confidence. You'll receive a planned induction, support from one of our Service Managers, and training. Most student volunteering opportunities begin at the start of an academic year.
Find out more
There are a wide-range of fun activities that you can do to raise money for Support Through Court. Use our A-Z of Fundraising Ideas to get started. Anything you raise will have a significant impact. The money will go straight to helping people through the court process, improving access to justice.
Fundraise with us
More ideas please