The Support Through Court Business Board
Support Through Court is a national charity that provides practical and emotional support to people attending civil or family court cases without legal representation. Our vision is to help unrepresented litigants better access justice.
As an independent charity we need to raise significant funds to ensure our services can continue helping a growing number of people in need. We are looking for dynamic, pro-active, experienced and well-connected senior leaders within the legal and business community who can help us by sharing their networks and advice. They will join our Business Board that helps raise funds and awareness of Support Through Court.
Business Board Members will raise funds by:
- Engaging corporate support for fundraising products (such as our Partnership schemes) through your company or personal network
- Gift in kind support – offer rooms for meetings and events, or offer marketing expertise
- Introducing speakers, help shape high level events, promote and sell tickets for events
- Promoting Support Through Court to personal and professional networks, to engage supporters and sponsors
- Make a personal contribution of at least £50 per month, which over a year equates to supporting 24 people through our service.
The Business Board’s members are senior level individuals with a drive to increase access to justice. Current members are:
- Tim Nash, CEO of Edwin Coe
- Helen Alexander, Direct Public Access Barrister, Chambers of Helen Alexander- Family Court Barrister
- Wilf White, Director of Engagement and Public Engagement at the Bar Standards Board
- Nick Luckman, Practice Director at Wilberforce Chambers
- Isabelle Brennan, Director Real Estate Finance, M&G Investments
Opportunities and benefits from joining:
- Make a positive impact on your community, empower people alone in court
- Acquire further skills in fundraising, leadership and volunteering; all desirable for future trustee positions
- Be part of a successful volunteer fundraising board and help take their fundraising to the next level
- Highlight your philanthropy within a business environment
- Become part of the Support Through Court family, receive regular updates, visit your local service office and come to our networking events
Past Business Board Breakfast Events:
- 2019: ‘Access to Justice- how legal tech can help’. Lord Briggs and a panel from across the legal tech sector spoke about how legal tech could produce solutions for access to justice problems. The Law Society hosted the event.
- 2019: The rise in mental health issues in the family courts and how can we help? A panel event hosted by the law society with Sir Andrew Macfarlane as the keynote speaker.
- 2020: Digitisation of the Courts: opportunities and challenges to empower Litigants in Person; hosted by Allen & Overy, with District Judge Chris Lethem as keynote speaker
- 2020: Coping post Covid: The road ahead for the Family Courts with a keynote speech from Sir Andrew McFarlane